13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Very bad ass. The pic second from last is just toooo funny!

Oh I wish you wouldve never posted these. My brother recentley started MMA in college.. I thought it was like karate classes (and he let me believe that). You've ruined my day.. but great catches.

Very nice pictures.

What kind of settings were you using to capture such good pics in low light? I assume you didn't have a flash.

Shooting the D3 with the 28-70mm f/2.8 at f/2.8, ISO 1600, and a shutter speed of 640. No flash permitted ringside.

The D3 is awesome.

Hey, thanks for the replies and compliments.

I was shooting with a 7D and a Tamron 17-50.

I was shooting at ISO 3200. The lighting I was shooting under was the same lighting you see in the background- those goofy ballroom lightdome things. Given better lighting I can make miracles happen. Here's an example of my work under better lighting using a 40D:

ShowBox
6.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Amazing work with the MMA shots, but the boxing ones are simply on another level. How long have you been doing this type of photography?

Thanks Steve.

Strictly speaking about circumstances beyond my control, two of the key components that help make great shots are the lighting/atmosphere, and the action itself. Of course it takes competence of the photographer to put these factors together and tell a story, but that's another topic altogether.

I've been shooting Combat Sports since August '06, starting with MMA. Funny thing- I wasn't a photographer before I started shooting fights; I had a point and shoot camera, but I was no photographer. I learned photography by the side of a cage in some pretty crappy lighting. There weren't any photographers around to learn from, so I had to by immersion- a lot of trial and error. Anyhow, I've expanded from MMA to boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, seminars, Traditional Martial Arts, Professional Wrestling, and music from time to time.

very nice, any post production or is the d3 really that good

Wow really superb....You guys rock the fight and wanna be as tough as you guys.great shots and wish you the very best.gud day:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back