MLS Game (Soccer)

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Galaxy vs Revolution - I went to an MLS soccer game and took these pictures. I have not done any real major events and this was my first time. I unfortunately do not have a telephoto or zoom lens worthy with a low aperture and really need to get one like the 70-200 2.8 zoom. I shot these with my nikon 50mm 1.8G. Not bad given the lens. Thus why all shots are close to the goal. This was the only place I could get close enough to use my camera.goalkeeper3 by VIPGraphX, on Flickrgoalkeeper2 by VIPGraphX, on Flickrgoalkeeper by VIPGraphX, on Flickrbecham by VIPGraphX, on Flickrbechamcorner by VIPGraphX, on Flickrbechamcorner2 by VIPGraphX, on FlickrI learned that finding the correct focus spot is hard in moving action. Something I really need to work on. I had many other images that got thrown in the trash because focus was not on.Cc

Last edited:
I think these are very well exposed with good colours, nice and sharp as well :) I have taken pics at some football matches (albeit with other DSLRs) and I know what you mean about losing focus! Have you tried using AF-C (continous autofocus)?

Most reactions

Back