Moms' A Genius!

CanonSnob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jadamphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had quite the slue of posts in a short time, but a lot of significant things have happend to me in the last 12hrs.

Well, went over to visit my mom for mothers day after my shoot today... I'm such a good boy :bigangel:. Anywhoo. She gave me such a great piece of advice that I though I would share with the rest of you. Cuz it might save you.

All night last night I was contemplating the thought, how my backup strobes saved me, then my backup wireless (STE2) system failed me, but still had a back up, and A backup camera (had an error 99 on it today, luckly I just pulled the battery and all was better)... but how do you backup a memory card????

When shooting my event last night. [they sequence DJ's in order from worst to best, and they paid on this particular occasion over $10k for George Acosta to come out, and if they are dropping that much money, you know they WANT their photos of such a big investment] Well The memory card that failed me was the last one, at the end of the night, with the photos of Acosta. Go figure.

Well the great advice she gave me was just switch out memory cards randomly when you get a spare second so you have a little bit of everything on each card. That way if one should ever fail, not a whole chunk of your shoot is just gone. Duh! so basic, but so smart. That's why I love her :hugs:

Sorry for the long rant up to that small point...:mrgreen:

My mom gave me some advice, she said buy a D3 that writes to 2 cards simulatiously, lol =P

What happened to the card?

There might be a way to recover the images...

My mom gave me some advice, she said buy a D3 that writes to 2 cards simulatiously, lol =P

D3s do that? Damn thats hawt. RAID in a camera. God I'm going to have to clean up this puddle of drool on my desk now.

Canon's top end cameras also use two cards (CF & SD).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back