Monitor Calibration

By incredible, how slow are we talking? Slow enough that it's noticeable while editing an image? o_O
Lol no. We're talking visible in high speed gaming. Also PVA is not PVA, just like not all IPS screens are the same. There's S-PVA, E-PVA, A-PVA, M-PVA that I have seen. There's E-IPS, S-IPS, H-IPS too. Each has slightly different characteristics. The Dell PVA panels I have seen still exhibit colour drift with horizontal changes (red to green are affected most), but there are no contrast or gamma shifts with vertical movement (the biggest killer).

The Dell 2209wa has only 8bit too, I think.
8bit is good. The cheap TN panels are 6bit which can't display the the entire sRGB gamut. NEC's top of the range SpectraView screens have 12bit lookup tables but but they're still a 8bit screens.

Will the colors be a little more true than those on my MBP? My wife is about to give birth so we're trying to save some money. The IPS Dell monitor would have to wait a while, but we can get this one now.

Would it be better to wait 'til I can afford the Dell monitor?

True depends on the calibration and gamut. They won't be truer, but they will be more consistent on IPS screens, which are much nicer to look at and work with too in my completely subjective opinion. They just seems to appear sharper then their brethren, and I have no explanation for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back