Moon

kwjones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC00878.jpg

how did you shoot this?

I just got started into digiscoping last year.

Sony Cyber Shot 2.1 Megapixel and an Orion 127mm Telescope with a 32mm eyepiece.

I have a little vignetting around the left and towards the bottom.

DSC01293.jpg

The wife got me the telescope for our anniversary last year. I kept wondering if I could hook my digital camera up to it and finally found a website that makes adapters for all types of cameras so they can be used for astrophotography. (www.scopetronix.com) I've been digiscoping ever since.

I figured I'd been lurking on this site without registering long enough.

Kevin

kwjones said:
I figured I'd been lurking on this site without registering long enough.

Kevin

Welcome to the forum! You'll have a blast here! :D

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the market for a new Digital SLR and I was told to check out some of the photography forums and read, read, read before I make my decision.

Kevin

kwjones said:
Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the market for a new Digital SLR and I was told to check out some of the photography forums and read, read, read before I make my decision.

Kevin

Yup, it's just like starting a reef tank (and just as expensive!) ;-)

Welcome aboard Kevin!! Love the avatar. Do a search through some of my old posts for some of my reef shots (I have a 125), or just check out my website when you're bored. Do you ever go to reefs.org? I'm Sharkky over there, and run the photography forum.

Cheers mate!
Wik

Shark said:
Yup, it's just like starting a reef tank (and just as expensive!) ;-)

Welcome aboard Kevin!! Love the avatar. Do a search through some of my old posts for some of my reef shots (I have a 125), or just check out my website when you're bored. Do you ever go to reefs.org? I'm Sharkky over there, and run the photography forum.

Cheers mate!
Wik

Ahhh....a fellow reefer. Mine isn't reef yet, just fish only. It's a 75 gallon just over a year old. I've been to reefs.org a few times. I call TheReefTank.com home and still visit Reef Central a lot.

Actually, I think this hobby is more expensive than my aquariums as far as start up cost goes.

Kevin

canonrebel said:
Nice Shot. Did you have to use a motor drive on your teleschope to track the moon?

I really wish I had a tracking motor...especially trying to get planetary pics. I basically set the count down timer and hope that I have the timing down for the planet to come into the viewing area...cut off quite a few pictures of Mars last year before I figured it out.

Kevin

I really wish I had a tracking motor...especially trying to get planetary pics. I basically set the count down timer and hope that I have the timing down for the planet to come into the viewing area...cut off quite a few pictures of Mars last year before I figured it out.

Impressive. really impressive

Most reactions

Back