Moore's Ford (dial-up challenging)

Allen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the late 1940's there was a heinous crime in my hometown. A lynching of 4 people that goes unsolved to this day. A better explanation than I could ever give is here Moore's Ford
These were taken during a recent march on the bridge.
--A

March-I.jpg

March-II.jpg

Peace-Sign.jpg

Rusk-and--.jpg

Annie-Maud-Smith.jpg

Mrs. Annie Maud Smith one of the last surviving direct family of the lynching victims

Rakestraw-I.jpg

March-III.jpg

Hands-I.jpg

Very impressive. Sad, sad story behind this march. But it's good to be remembered, so a thing like this won't ever happen again!
The last photo is the strongest, emotionally.
All other are good.
I like the close-ups.
Did you ask for their consent before you put them up into the internet? I would always worry too much about people's rights to their own picture, it's a constant worry with me.

Got some good shots there. I like the shot of Annie Maud Smith and the picture below it, interesting expressions on their faces.

Thanks Guys,
@LA: Yes ma'am, I had their permission. I'm part of the local press (one of about 8 photographers there), and was asked to document the event by the organizers. With the exception of the group shot on the bridge, I spoke to everyone shown, after I shot the images. For that shot the photographers were asked to be on the opposite side of the bridge as the crowd marched across singing "We shall overcome".
--A

Some good shots here. I really like the third from last shot. Thanks for the story it sheds some meaningful light on the photos.

Thanks
--A

i really like the last two. and its nice to get the story behind it.

excellent series and interesting story! great job in documenting this recent march. #7 and the last really show unity and passion in the event. :thumbup:

Again thanks guys,
Very kind of ya'll.
--A

Most reactions

New Topics

Back