Moose on the loose in Grand Tetons..

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was in the Grand Tetons from May - Oct 17 because hubby still had his job in maintenance. My retail job went away with Covid, so poor me had the whole summer off....yup, poor me..
This moose was fairly close to the road. When I initially pulled up, there were @ 6 cars along side of road and 3 photograghers with tripods set up, but. no one taking pictures.

Looked around all the sage brush and spotted the antlers and after a while, this big guy finally stood up! Of course, the crowd grew and some of us with tripods backed up and the tourists moved closer...e-gads!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After he was standing a few minutes, a female and 2 calves stood up @ 30-40 feet away! They were completely HIDDEN in the sage!
It was a great example of why you make noise when hiking because you never know what's out there...

Last edited:
Nice set. That must've been awesome to watch. Those silly tourists are lucky mom didn't decide they were too close to baby.

Yeah, great experience there. The bull is such an impressive beast and very well rendered too.

Glorious beast. Amazing bell on that guy.

What a reward for being patient! Great set but I really like the first one where his antlers just show above the sage. They are magnificent.

Nice set. That must've been awesome to watch. Those silly tourists are lucky mom didn't decide they were too close to baby.

Yes, it was awesome as I have never seen a bull moose! Yes, silly tourists abound..

Yeah, great experience there. The bull is such an impressive beast and very well rendered too.

They really are impressive animals. The moose had been SO elusive all year but then the rut came, and they were 'everywhere'...

Very nice! I have never had this experience. Thanks for sharing these.
Thank you, it was a 1st for me!

Glorious beast. Amazing bell on that guy.
Amazing animals!

What a reward for being patient! Great set but I really like the first one where his antlers just show above the sage. They are magnificent.

I was lucky that I had no agenda every day...so with my coffee thermos and a muffin, I could wait. After about an hour he stood up but not for long..the tourists would. Over on after he say down again, and photographers just relaxed. ..;)

Nancy

Most reactions

Back