More College Football - picture heavy

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry guys, too many photos on this one but I think for the story it's worth it. Last time Army played OU was like 1961 in Yankee stadium, so them coming to town is a big deal. They gave OU all they wanted and took them to OT.

1) Ole' Glory literally flying into the stadium.

Army-OU-61.jpg

2) Just a few of the visitor's cheering section.

Army-OU-100.jpg

3) One of the bass drums they brought with them.

Army-OU-215.jpg

4) End of warm-ups they huddle and raise a helmet. Been trying to get this shot for 3 years now.

Army-OU-223.jpg

5) The drum major for the Pride of Oklahoma Band as they take the field pre-game.

Army-OU-257.jpg

6) Army's QB and center ready to run the triple option.

Army-OU-416.jpg

7) OU QB Kyler Murray breaks free for a first down.

Army-OU-436.jpg

8) A little later Kyler runs in for a touchdown.

Army-OU-598.jpg

9) OU defense had a tough time with the option.

Army-OU-678.jpg

10) OU defense comes up big with about 1:30 left in the game with it tied. After hitting his helmet, the ball was intercepted.

Army-OU-894.jpg

11) Fans were really loud during the overtime.

Army-OU-990.jpg

12) The interception in OT that sealed the win for OU.

Army-OU-993.jpg

13) There was a lot of respect and gratitude after a hard fought game.

Army-OU-756.jpg

Nice set Ron. I thought about you Saturday when Alabama linebacker Dylan Moses came down awkwardly sending him flying into the knees of a security guard standing on the sidelines. His helmet knee capped the poor guy. Directly next to the guard was a crouching photographer who got an eye level view of the impact, but was so shocked at how quick it all happened he never got a shot.

Really great! Love that you added the crowd shots. My favorite of these is the 3rd one. The team with the helmet raised and the full stadium of team colors in the stands is a winner!

Nice set Ron. I thought about you Saturday when Alabama linebacker Dylan Moses came down awkwardly sending him flying into the knees of a security guard standing on the sidelines. His helmet knee capped the poor guy. Directly next to the guard was a crouching photographer who got an eye level view of the impact, but was so shocked at how quick it all happened he never got a shot.

Thank you. Yeah, that is no fun to be that close to the action, as it is so quick.

Good stuff!

Thank you,

Really great! Love that you added the crowd shots. My favorite of these is the 3rd one. The team with the helmet raised and the full stadium of team colors in the stands is a winner!

Thank you. Yes, I have been trying to get that team shot with the helmet for three years now. They do it at the end of warm-ups for each game but I have yet to be in position for it, well until Saturday.

Good that you caught the interception that ended Army's chances...sort of the play of the game from a photojournalism point of view.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back