More eclipse photos

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First 3 finished shots from a full 1 Gig card! :lol: Still got more to look at and 2 films to develop & pick from.

First at 11:07pm GMT, just getting into it!

23-07pm.jpg

11:45pm GMT, very nearly total.

23-45pm.jpg

Coming out of the eclipse at 01:05am GMT.

01-05am.jpg

I know photos of the moon & space can be a bit boring so thanks for looking! :lol:

yours are the best ... what focal length?

(*swoon*)

Wonderful shots PlasticSpanner. Such great detail, and the visible stars really add to it. As I've posted on the other eclipse threads, I was so hoping to see the eclipse here in Toronto but the overcast conditions prevented that. So I'm loving the shots that everyone else got. Thanks so much for posting these.

Ooooooooh! They look sooo much better after some post-processing! :p How do you white balance the moon? :lol:

Love these, Chris!

lookin good... I forgot all about that... dang.
wish they filled up more of the frame, but look good and sharp!

:hail: great stuff

Well, I KNEW everyone else's photos would be better than mine, but I tried with what I had, all the same! Well done, Chris ... and did you make use of your telescope lens in other photos, too?

Thanks edveryone. :thumbup:

LaFoto: unfortunately I was too ill to haul out the telescope & set it up an hour before it was needed to allow it to climatise to the cold! I did mount my Fuji film camera on the motorised mount with a 300mm f4 m42 lens though (100% mechanical, no battery) & got a few shots with that and my Praktica with a 135mm f2.8 lens on another tripod. It can get quite busy running 2 cameras on tripods and 1 on an EQ mount all at the same time and in the dark!

After an abismal year for astronomy in the UK due to the weather last night made a welcome change!

DF3photo I will crop a couple more quite a bit closer but for these I wanted to get in a bit of black space and stars around the moon, something not normally seen due to its' brightness.

DF3photo I will crop a couple more quite a bit closer but for these I wanted to get in a bit of black space and stars around the moon, something not normally seen due to its' brightness.

Yes, normally the moon is just too bright so you do not see them. My firs thought last night was.. oh dear, so many hot pixel, I have to get a new camera .. but then it was all stars ;) :p

Most reactions

Back