Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_MG_5339-Edit.jpg

Chaffinch coming in
_MG_5320-Edit.jpg

Referee for a goldie squabble
_MG_5311-Edit-Edit.jpg

Repelling boarders (chaffinch behind feeder)
_MG_5319-Edit.jpg

Chaffinch joining Goldie in telling "no room" to incoming goldie​
Most full frame and just Auto curves. Taken during and between the hail showers this afternoon at iso 1600 @ 1/2000th and f2.8 to f5 so the Canon 40D at its limits.
No doubt some will get the full treatment of processing and noise removal when I work through the series, but i thought it might be interesting to show straight out of camera via Lightroom and to Photoshop just for resizing for web

Oh wow. Man, I like them all.... especially the first one.

Cool !!! Are you shooting off a tripod?

Such constant activity at the feeder...love it! So much 'jockying for position'

I am so incredibly jealous of you right now! For some reason, I can't get birds to come to my feeder.

You really get some great action shots off of yours- well done! I always look forward to your posts :)

Cool !!! Are you shooting off a tripod?

<<<&#8212; That's me with pipe and camera set up . . .birds an optional extra!

The camera is on a small tripod set up - part on the bench and windowsill at the back of my garage. Shooting through a part opened window with the feeder about 8 ft away and bird tables 6 and 7 ft away. There are hanging peanuts about 15ft which attracts the woodpeckers.

For action shots - i prefocus and use a cable remote release so I can stand back and watch the birds come in . . . you get to know their habits, so I can start a burst of exposures hopefully as they come into frame.

Pretty birds. I just don't care for the feeder in the image or the birdhouse in the background. Consider putting some branches near or hanging off the feeder for them to land on to make them look more in their element. Just my opinion, hope you don't mind.

Most reactions

Back