More questions on lighting, building stands and wattage

markc said:
Wow, that looks perfect. You could put them in a line vertically or horizontally, or cluster them in the center (one on support shaft, one left, one right).

Yep. What the DJ's do is create sand/weight bags with loops of string attached to counter-balance their T-Bars - some things like smoke machines weigh more than say light cans. (Can you tell I used to do pub DJing?!)

Rob

WOW! Nice stands Rob! They would be perfect, but alas checking ebay I found none for sale here in the states. Between the shipping costs and the time frame I fear they would not be here in time and would be cost prohibitive. I am going to make mine probably 6' high with 2 sets of cross beams ro hold multiple lights.

You could use sscaffolding. You can pick it up pretty cheaply and its quite easy to put up. It can be assembled and disassembled quite quickly and will take alot of weight. I saw a guy make a squat rack out of some that could hold alot of weight. You could try that. You can probably pick it up at any bulders merchants. It is also metal so can handle alot of heat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back