What's new

More Trees.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
949
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.

RoadsideTrees2-1.jpg



2.


FallColors2-1.jpg



3.

FallColors-1.jpg
 
Nice colors, maybe a little oversaturated though, and your compositions aren't really very strong in any way. Are these from Shenandoah? #1 looks like its from Low Gap.
 
I like high saturation in landscape shots myself... It seems a little hazy though, maybe impossible to get more clear than that though at a distance.
 
Maybe **slightly** oversaturated (;)) but I love the colors and they were amazing in person. Hard to get that feeling communicated somehow. I did not have a GND filter which would have helped (I think?) with the hazy background. Yes, this is on Skyline Drive. Just boring trees but I wanted to share. It's hard to compete with the amazing macro shots and other stuff on this forum.

I like the composition best in number 1, but I agree that 2 and 3 were just to show off the Fall colors and weren't taken for their amazing composition. Take them or leave them. I enjoy them.
 
I would guess you just have to pick your days with higher visibility, I'm going to start trying some new filters though to see if it does anything for me. I like photos like #1 but I think you really need to do some crazy contrast adding in the editor to make them really pop.... do you take your photos in raw?
 
I shot all of these in RAW and edited them in LR3.

Are you suggesting editing them even MORE to make them more vibrant?
 
#3 is my favorite..........
 
I shot all of these in RAW and edited them in LR3.

Are you suggesting editing them even MORE to make them more vibrant?

Oh please don't....:lol:

I hope to get down to SNP this weekend.....hope all the color won't be fried.
 
This weekend should be SPECTACULAR at SNP. The colors were great on 10/15 when we went but weren't quite peak yet, but were still nice. The forecast is in the low 60's for this weekend and should be even cooler at altitude. Have a great time. That place is amazing!
 
On the first one I'm wondering if the clarity and recovery is jacked up if that will help make it pop more but maybe you already did that... I love landscape photos of other areas in general, I am itching to go on a trip around the country just taking photographs for a week or two.
 
Recovery is 78. At 0 the image is much brighter. Clarity is at 24 and at 75 the tree trunks turn nearly black.

For the record, my monitor at work SUCKS (really dark) and it's really hard to gauge these pics.
 
I like image#1, colourful but a little over-saturated. Would be better if the sunshine is in.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom