More Yellowstone

These are amazing! I can't wait to go this summer. Were you walking around on your own to capture these, or did you have someone showing you around?

Great collection. Love the interaction on #2, the action on #4 (looks like some critter is about to get it), good incorporation of scenery (I'm almost not sure which is more the subject, critter or the mountains) #5. Number your pics next time to make is easier for comments.

I don't remember the numbers, but most of them are simply awesome. Keep them coming.

I think those photos are fantastic! You really captured the feeling of Yellowstone in these!

Love the wolves.......Equipment used?.......MIke

Thank you for your kind words. I used a EOS 1DMarkIII with a 400MM 2.8L IS and a 1.8X converter for most of the trip. I had to hire a guide to take me in during winter season. It was my second trip and I used the same man as the guide. There much fewer people in the park during winter and you must travel by Snowmobile or other vehicle with tractor type wheels. Although it is Illegal to take the Snowmobile of trail, we parked and hiked in deep snow to get certain shots. We would only move one at a time allowing each other to set up for a shot in case the animal would flee. We took risks with to get so close with no escape routes. I have some great video of the howling at about 6pm every night.

Wow, GREAT shots. I love the 1st and 2nd shots. I hope one day to be able to catch wolf shots like these. Good work!! :thumbup:

Excellent shots!! You have exceptional skill with a camera. Thanks for sharing.

LOVE that second wolf one!

These are awesome!

Most reactions

Back