What's new

Morning Storms

Jarrod268

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
198
Reaction score
31
Location
Nashville, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Storms passing in the distance were lit up by the morning sun as fog lingered across the morning landscape.

p1059892657-4.jpg
 
Amazing, unique, beautiful.
 
Great image - thanks for sharing! The only thing I would do is to tone down the watermark as it is distracting to the eye and thus detracts from the overall image. Not sure why you need it, but I would shrink it to about a quarter of its size and make it a little darker so that it blends more into the background.
______________
WesternGuy
 
Outstanding !! What a great image. What kills it is your watermark. As WesternGuy suggested, make it smaller, and blend it in, or better yet, loose it entirely. There is no need for one, does nothing to protect your image as it can be removed in less time then it took you to create it, and all the pictures on this site don't meet the min requirements for publication.
 
Its not like I don't have versions without it. People act like I've forever ruined it. I haven't. I made a choice. I'm still happy with that choice.

Thanks for offering your opinion
 
Never said your watermark ruined it forever. What I said is that it distracting to the viewer. Watermarks have become the latest rage here, used as though it makes ones picture just that much more professional looking. In many cases it does just the opposite. Some of the pictures posted on TPF seem to look like more time was spent on creating a neat looking Watermark, then in PP creating the best image possible.

For those that are professionals in the sense that they actually sell their images other then from stock agencies that usually don't allow watermarks, there is a advertising benefit to their watermarks, not in protecting them from unauthorized downloads and use. Here, all pictures are downloadable, while on Flickr you can't download a photo just by clicking on it.
 
I'm not trying to protect it.
I did not ask for critique or even feedback.

I just shared an image I was proud of and put my name on it. That's all.
 
Last edited:
How can you possibly expect people not to comment on something posted on a discussion forum?

Great looking picture!
 
You didn't ask for CC, and I didn't give you any. I merely paid you a compliment on an outstanding photograph. I also commented on your rather large & bold watermark. If you don't want any comments, or CC's then just post that as well. As Paulzeee said, it's a forum, that's what we do here.
 
Thanks Joel for the discussion. :-)

Sorry watermarks bother you so much. People use them, not everyone agrees with you 100% of the time. We're just going to have to respect the opinion of the other. I'll continue to use them but your voice has been heard and given consideration.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom