What's new

Morning Sunlight

I disagree with some about the dark areas. This is a contrasty scene that should have dark, even black areas. If you were there, you wouldn't expect to see much detail in the backlit trees, even though your eyes register a larger brightness range than digital or film. The dark areas make the rays of light seem brighter. If you did HDR to bring out a lot of detail in the trees it would just look fake.
I agree with Ken. Putting detail on the dark side of the trees would ruin the early morning mood. Just my take.
 
A couple other versions - because I said I would. ;)
None of the 3 are the same photos. Taken a few seconds apart.
I think they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

1.
201209010053-X2.jpg



2.
201209010056-X2.jpg



Thanks again for all the comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom