What's new

Most incredible shot - at least I think

JerBoyd

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
298
Reaction score
2
It does not happen often but when the stars align (moon in this case) things can work out.

http://boyd.zenfolio.com/p631180157/hb108030#hb108030

So here is the story on the "Moon - Airtran" shot.

Forgive the pilot jargon - If you need a translation please ask.

We are heading back from Dobbins AFB today and cruising at FL320. On TCAS we could see that we would be overtaking a jet that was up at FL360. There was a beautiful contrail we were following for quite some time. We requested FL340 from Memphis center and continued to cruise ahead. It just so happened that the moon was set up perfect for the shoot. We pulled the throttles back a touch and followed him for about half an hour. I think I got around 400+ shots with only a few keepers. When you are shooting through 1.5 inches of glass the parallax is terrible.
However - The result I think worked out.

Jeremy
http://www.boyd.zenfolio.com
 
Very cool! I like it a lot.
 
awesome picture! the moon was out in force yesterday.. it was awesome to see it just chillin there at 1 in the afternoon.
 
Love it! And, I checked out your link (in siggy) and like your pictures! Planes are not something I see in a photograph everyday so it was fun to look through.:D
 
Thanks everyone for the great comments. I hope to be able to find the Captain of the jet and send him a copy.

Jeremy
www.boyd.zenfolio.com
 
I just got an e-mail from Airtran Customer service. They said they would forward the photo on to the Chief Pilot and to the two pilots of the jet.

I hope to hear from them someday.

Jeremy
 
Very nice. :thumbup::thumbup:

I've worked on a ****load of 737s (no AirTran planes though, that I know of), they'll probably always be my favorite aircraft.
 
Thanks Josh,

It is a great aircraft.
 
Stunning shot! Thanks so much for sharing it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom