What's new

Most recent addition to my photo blog

AnneCaptures

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Location
Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Captured: Best Time of Day


portland+sunrise+clouds.jpg
 
Good thing the boats are anchored, to keep them from falling off the right side!
 
Bitter Jeweler said:
Good thing the boats are anchored, to keep them from falling off the right side!

You crack me up!
 
I wish there were more water in the photo. Just a wee bit. Straighten up that horizon and it will look a lot better!
 
Apart from the crooked horizon (huge pet peeve), this is a beautiful image. Well done.
 
portland+sunrise+clouds.jpg


How are those boats looking now? : ) I lost some water and cut into the boat in the front which I had a hard time doing, but apparently a tilted horizon is a big no-no. I'm learning things everyday!
 
Anne, to me, water really should be level. Bodies of water in images are typically associated with calm and relaxation. Certainly water and a sunset is meant to invoke that. Angles create tension in an image, and add to its dynamism.

So, if you are purposely presenting a dynamic scene with a tilt, make it so! But that tilt should look purposeful.
The tilt in your image is accidental. It happens. It can be fixed. It can be the difference in a seemingly well crafted image, or it can just look sloppy.

It's a visual language, and tilt is just another tool of expression. There is a time and place for it.

We all have images that have a little bit of a tilted horizon, and shooting a little bit wider than needed gives you room to fix it, and not cut off important things when you do.
 
AnneCaptures said:
How are those boats looking now? : ) I lost some water and cut into the boat in the front which I had a hard time doing, but apparently a tilted horizon is a big no-no. I'm learning things everyday!

Much better!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom