What's new

Mosticism

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_1951.jpg

The background is too distracting to me, as well as the overblown sky. Thoughts? :)
 
I think its a pretty cool concept and do enjoy it.

Maybe if there was some fill light on the foreground to make it pop a little more and leave the back ground less exposed it would work better. Maybe that could also help with the blown out sky in the back as well?

I do love the colors of the foliage on the ground
 
I think its a pretty cool concept and do enjoy it.

Maybe if there was some fill light on the foreground to make it pop a little more and leave the back ground less exposed it would work better. Maybe that could also help with the blown out sky in the back as well?

I do love the colors of the foliage on the ground
Thanks!

I see what you mean about using a flash, that would have solved a lot of the problems. :)
 
I dunno if this makes it better or worse...but thought since it was blurred anyway, we could get away with a bit of tinkering in that blown out sky.


$IMG_1951.webp
 
ick...that looks terrible when I looked at it in the post...lol. Nevermind.

but with more than a minute of tinkering, you can most likely bring it down.

zoom in and use your history brush tool and it should work. Kill the highlights, darken a bit and blend much better than I did. lol
 
Really interesting stuff! I think what everyone else said is correct. I'd probably prefer a crop of the fungus(?) only. It has great texture and color.

What is "Mosticism"?
 
ick...that looks terrible when I looked at it in the post...lol. Nevermind.

but with more than a minute of tinkering, you can most likely bring it down.

zoom in and use your history brush tool and it should work. Kill the highlights, darken a bit and blend much better than I did. lol
:lol: I'll see what I can do, my post-processing skills aren't exactly the best. :blush:


Really interesting stuff! I think what everyone else said is correct. I'd probably prefer a crop of the fungus(?) only. It has great texture and color.

What is "Mosticism"?
Thanks! I love how these grow so much here. :)

Well, the first part "Mos" is the first part of the word 'Moss". I'm pretty sure it's a moss, but honestly I really don't know. :lol: The part "ticism" is simply something I think went well with the first part. :)
 
I think its a pretty cool concept and do enjoy it.

Maybe if there was some fill light on the foreground to make it pop a little more and leave the back ground less exposed it would work better. Maybe that could also help with the blown out sky in the back as well?

I do love the colors of the foliage on the ground
This is the best comment, to which i add nothing, take away nothing :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom