Motorbike Frog (Litoria moorei)

Terrier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Western Ausralian Motorbike Frog gets its name from the sound it makes - like a motorbike changing gears, followed by some growls and croaks.
Motorbike Frog.jpg

Although sometimes referred to as a 'tree frog', this species is primarily terrestrial or ground-dwelling. However, Motorbike Frogs are also good climbers and can be found perching in low trees or shrubs and among rocks. They are often found considerable distances away from known wetland breeding sites.

Motorbike Frog 1.jpg

They are the most commonly encountered frog in Perth suburban gardens, and usually the first species to colonize or breed in a new backyard pond.

Motor Bike Frog 2.jpg

Nice pictures. And good to learn a little something as well.

Nice set. He sounds like my first bike, a Yamaha DT 100. Love the sound of a 2-stroke.

Speaking of motorbikes there used to be a fairly famous Ranier Beer commercial where a two-stroke motorcycle rider was riding on a rural Highway... the gear shift changing sound was narrated by a male voice that went Rainnnnnn-eeeeeeer-beeeeeer. The commercial was shot on a stretch of road that led to my ex-wife's family home outside of Auburn,Washington, on the road from Auburn to Enumclaw. In the background of the commercl, one could see clearly see snow-covered Mount Rainier. Rainier is a low cost Seattle-Tacoma area beer. The commercial is probably available on YouTube.

I love the paint job on that frog .... erm, I mean the skin coloration.

Search YouTube for "RAINIER BEER COMMERCIAL 1986" (all caps).

Strange sounds from a pretty frog. Nice photos.

Ok. Looked at the commercial as well. Agree-cheesy. Lol.

Great images of a beautiful amphibian.

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

Back