Title: Mournful Grizzly

grizzly-bear-46.jpg

Location & Date: Mud Volcano, Yellowstone National Park | July 2012

Camera Set-Up: Nikon D300 w/ Nikon 300mm 2.8 lens and a 1.4 teleconverter

Shutter Speed: 1/500

Aperture: 6.3

ISO: 400

Note:

Sometimes you just have a sense as to what the animal is feeling and most people who were able to watch this bear felt she was the saddest sow you could ever encounter. Some thought she had lost a cub and others believed she was unlucky in love. Obviously, no one knew for certain, but even though this grizzly had a semi-fresh carcass, she spent more time looking at the river than eating the food she clearly needed. We never did see her again.

I don't know that I have ever seen a "mournful grizzly". Most that I have ever seen are either eating something or looking for something to eat, with the Clark Lake grizzlies of Alaska being the only exception in that people are not on their menu.

Personally, I just think it is watching you and wondering how it could get "over there" for its next meal.:biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Title: Mournful Grizzly

grizzly-bear-46.jpg

Location & Date: Mud Volcano, Yellowstone National Park | July 2012

Camera Set-Up: Nikon D300 w/ Nikon 300mm 2.8 lens and a 1.4 teleconverter

Shutter Speed: 1/500

Aperture: 6.3

ISO: 400

Note:

Sometimes you just have a sense as to what the animal is feeling and most people who were able to watch this bear felt she was the saddest sow you could ever encounter. Some thought she had lost a cub and others believed she was unlucky in love. Obviously, no one knew for certain, but even though this grizzly had a semi-fresh carcass, she spent more time looking at the river than eating the food she clearly needed. We never did see her again.

Nice! I'm going to Yellowstone on Saturday for 8 days. Hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to get some Grizzly pictures also.

Nice shot.

I'll go along with WesternGuy's assessment.
Or constipation.

Most reactions

Back