Muay Thai Exhibition

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So there's a Muay Thai gym here in the Rockaways, and every so often they put together a Exhibition and open house of sorts to showcase to the nieghborhood. Yesterday was one such day. I asked the owners, both of whom practice MT and one was the North American Muay Thai Champion. Below are some of the best shots I got for the day. Enjoy!

Lace Me Up by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Catch and Punch by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Knees in the Clinch by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Pad Work by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Power Kick by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

I like the last one best. The frame is filled with action, though others might say that you cut off limbs and faces. In the black and whites, I feel the subjects do not quite stand out from the background enough.

This looks like a really fun place to do some shooting. Thanks for sharing.

As a kick boxer, I love #4! That guy has a great looking kick. I am brand new to photography, I really don't have much criticism. If I were to shoot something like this, I think I would focus a bit more attention on their faces. Kickboxing being a contact sport, I think the fighters faces tell the story of every shot; their intensity, exhaustion, excitement, etc. I think the same can be said about #5. Not being able to see either of their faces, the shot seems to just show a kick. I think there was good bit of excitement and intensity left out of the photo.

Most reactions

Back