What's new

Mudstain

Juice

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
419
Reaction score
51
Location
Varies
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a few shots of the 5.0 this last weekend. CC always appreciated!

4D4C0614.jpg

4D4C0593.jpg

4D4C0536.jpg
 
#2 is awesome. The only thing I don't like about #1 is the dark space at the bottom, a little cropping but leaving the vignette I think would feature the car a little better
 
Thanks for the comments!

Per your advice, I changed the aspect ratio to 2:1 for a tighter crop:
4D4C0614-2.jpg


I do like that better, good call!
 
I'd dodge the foreground shadows as much as you can to lighten them.
 
The background is throwing me off for some reason. It looks like a wall, maybe I'm just crazy.
 
I also like #2 the best but here are a few suggestions to make it look even better

1. More car, less background. Change the crop to exclude some of the city
2. Blur the city, it is too busy and distracting
3. Clone out the lines in the parking lot and the TRASH (!!!) on the ground. The car is not centered in the spot so the lines are distracting
4. Even out the exposure on the car

VERY quick and dirty to illustrate my points:

$mustang.webp
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the input!

I don't do a lot of post processing since I really only shoot for myself, so it's very rare that I'll go farther than just adjusting a few overall parameters.

I do like what you've done with the image though, and those are things I could have corrected during the shoot (moving the trash, shallower DOF). I will be more mindful of these things for the next shoot!

Thanks again :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom