Multnomah Falls

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Located east of Portland, OR in the Columbia River Gorge, this has to be in the top 5 most photographed waterfalls in the US. So, I had to go shoot it too!

Something you don't see often- a long shot from the parking lot showing the woods above the falls.
multnomah060506_01.jpg

Standard shot you see every day.
multnomah060506_02.jpg

A little closer.
multnomah060506_03.jpg

The upper portion from the bridge.
multnomah060506_06.jpg

And the lower falls and pool from the bridge.
multnomah060506_07.jpg

Strange place to shoot. You have to shoot into the sun because the falls face north so an overcast day is a blessing. :)

Jim's back, Jim's back :boogie:

And we are back to seeing your wonderful landscapes. Good.

I love the green (well, how would I not?!?!) in the "standard shot that I (would) see every day", if I saw that many photos of this waterfall, though I must admit that I seem to have seen photos of this very fall on this very forum by someone else (or even two someone elses?) before...

I also love the green (again!) in #4, the upper portion from the bridge!

Thanks guys. It's worth a visit if you ever get out this way. It's like a missle silo dense pack, except with waterfalls. There's several in a fairly short stretch, and the old highway is very scenic as well.

Beautiful series! Wish I'd have seen this when I was in Portland in September. It's basically a tossup between #2 and 3, with #2 perhaps a wee bit ahead, as my fave. Thanks for sharing.

sounds like a beautiful spot to photo... i hope to get up there someday... great shots. :thumbup:

Scooter- there's always next time. :) I need to back and spend more than part of a morning shooting this & the other falls sometime. Maybe a motorcycle trip next spring.

Antarctican- I prefer the 2nd myself, mostly because while I love the long exposure in the 3rd one, the breeze moving the treetop in the lower left of the frame bugs me.

JTHphoto- I'll swap ya. I need to get down there sometime & shoot all those great rock formations I keep seeing pictures of.

very nice series photobug,
i love the first photo: it shows the height of the fall well.

even if it - and here my vocabulary fails me - seems a bit softer/bluer to the top of the frame

although i wonder if that's an artefact of saving a smaller file for the web.

surge- it's washed out because of the bright overcast just out of the top of the frame that I didn't bother to fix with a grad layer in PS. Getting lazy in my old age. :)

Most reactions

Back