What's new

Museo SubAquatico (Underwater Museum)

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
4,350
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
MUSA - Museo Subacuatico de Arte / Isla Mujeres and Cancun Underwater Museum.

Some shots of the Museo SubAquatico off of Cancun, Mexico. It was developed by a local artist, in hopes that this would reduce diving damage to the local reefs. Eerie place to dive... some of the statues seem almost alive!

(Titles are mine... based on what I saw and felt)

Pregnancy and Help me, Lord!
$!-musa-PICT0143.webp

Screaming and Praying
$!-Musa-PICT0145.webp

the Spook
$musa-3.webp
 
How deep were you in these shots ?

I would have to check my log, but I think about 35 feet or so. I left the colors pretty much untouched... tried for mood... lol!
 
Hey hey, another diver! Glad to see I'm not alone haha

I've seen so many images of the museo that, honestly, it gets a bit old. However, all the images I've seen are reposts from when it was first placed and all the figures were somewhat pristine. Your images show how it looks today, all the growth and development thats happening, and I really value that, as both a diver and shooter.

Happy diving!
 
Hey hey, another diver! Glad to see I'm not alone haha

I've seen so many images of the museo that, honestly, it gets a bit old. However, all the images I've seen are reposts from when it was first placed and all the figures were somewhat pristine. Your images show how it looks today, all the growth and development thats happening, and I really value that, as both a diver and shooter.

Happy diving!

Yep.. love to dive! Just got back from Isla Mujeres! Didn't want to come back, lol! The Museo is doing well... and has some good growth on it. Lots of fish too! They just recently sunk a couple of VW bugs nearby, that are looking pretty good also. I also posted some aquatic wildlife shots last night, if you are interested!
 
Last edited:
I've never seen photos of this before, but I can see why they'd be a favorite. Weird and beautiful and fascinating. I can't imagine what being there is like.
 
I've never seen photos of this before, but I can see why they'd be a favorite. Weird and beautiful and fascinating. I can't imagine what being there is like.

it was a fun dive... and there is a lot of variety in the statues. I just shot a few of them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom