What's new

My 1000th Post Celebration Image....!!!!!

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
460
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys...so in celebration of my 1000th post, and my official acceptance into the Jedi Council of photography forums, I decided to post a picture that is more special to me than any artsy-fartsy thing I do these days.

It was taken 11 years ago outside Wilmington, NC when my son was sooooo small (now he wears the same size shoe as me!!)....taken with my old N90s with TMAX or TRIX.... ;). This is a meticulously hand-colored BandW photo, by the way.

I've learned a ton on this forum....thanks to you all!!!




boy and goose colored by charlie766, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Great image; great story; Congratulations for the 1000; Wish you all the best to 10000 :D
 
And you just joined in May? Hmmm...

^THIS! Wow, it took me nearly a year to get to 1,000 posts--granted, I blew through the second 1,000 so fast that I didn't even realize it until I was at about 2,025.

Congratulations--or whatever it is that's in order when you demonstrate that kind of dedication to TPF posting. I'm really not sure "congratulations" is the correct term. :lol:

Your son is adorable--or was, at this age, anyway. I presume he is now just "good lookin'."
My kids were also little and cute like that once, not so very long ago. Now, they are 6'5" and 6'8"+ (the youngest is the tallest!), and look like hippies--long hair, beards, jeans that look like something you might pull out of the dumpster, imo.
11 years ago, they were already wearing the same size shoe as me--now, the tallest one wears a size 15. It'd be a 15AAA if you could FIND men's shoes that narrow! Sometime, I'll have to post pictures of my kids, then and now. This is not that time. :D
 
Congrats, Charlie!! That post count might be high for such a short amount of time, but the C&C you give has helped a lot of people!!:)
Your son sure was a cutie!! I bet he's breaking hearts now. They grow up too damn fast!!
 
And you just joined in May? Hmmm...

And? I post a lot of images...I don't come on here just to bull****...so what's your point?

Don't judge a photographer by his post count dude
 
Thanks all... I love this joint. My post count may have something to do with me getting my D7000 in May...after a 7 year hiatus from photog cuz BandW film got too $$$. You think post # are high since may....you should see my working image folder.
 
Great pic! I can see why it's special to you


.
 
One thousand posts! Congratulations are in order! Your thousand posts represent tons of wasted time, and much lost productivity at work! Your employer and the American economy thank you! wink
 
Congrats, Charlie!! That post count might be high for such a short amount of time, but the C&C you give has helped a lot of people!!:)
Your son sure was a cutie!! I bet he's breaking hearts now. They grow up too damn fast!!

Mishele took the words right out of my mouth :)
Congrats Charlie!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom