What's new

My car

Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
3,719
Reaction score
534
Location
Here N There
This is really for fun, trying out HDR in different scenarios. These are more than simply HDRs. I composed it with different HDR settings and other edits, but they are all out of a single photo.

The sun rays are real just for your information.

07.jpg


09.jpg






Here's a non-HDR edit. Original vs edited. All based on old school dodge and burn, saturation, levels etc...

DSC_1586.jpg
DSC_1586_1.jpg






Lastly, having some fun.....
I basically held my camera out of the sun roof, set the focus and drove around the lot.

DSC_1780_1.jpg
 
i like it, the only thing i would change is the vignette center point or father it out a bit, seems like the lower part of the pictures is a bit too strong/ dark
 
I think the car is still too dark.
 
That's actually from the polarize filter. I've tried to reduce it in ps. The ground is a bit dark I agree, but it didn't feel right when it was lighter, felt like the car was floating.
 
oh btw.. i love your prelude. One of the best looking cars Honda made. I wish it was RWD.
 
I think my Civic Si is pretty nice looking.
 
I was in love with the prelude when I was a kid. Great shots, especially no 3 with the reflection on the hood. The last shot is also pretty interesting.
 
Yeah I really like this car even though it's automatic. My sister gave it to me when she graduated and left the country. It's free, what can I say?
The car is absolutely reliable. It has never broken down on me. Engine is tough, just keep up with the maintenance and the car runs great. The only thing I want to complain about is the transmission which is known to be faulty. I've learnt to live with that, nothing is perfect.
It also has beautiful rust from Michigan, not something I want to spend time to brag about. On the other hand, whenever I take it to the shop, the mechanic always comment on how good of a shape it is in even considering the salt damage. It's a '97, the first year this gen of Prelude was made. Right now, no other car on the market really catches my attention so I am just going to drive this thing to its grave. Yes I also wish it's RWD.

BTW the last photo, I was holding the camera out of the sun roof with one hand, trying to steer my car through the hairpin with the other. I wasn't going that fast though, just fast enough to not lose grip.
 
I adore those preludes, I'm a honda guy myself (DC2 Type R). I think the biggest mistake here was shooting into direct sunlight with a black car. Always going to have exposure problems..

Next time you should get a buddy to drive and you stand up out of the sunroof and maybe rest your wrists on the roof and shoot a slow shutter speed. Could turn out cool?!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom