My City At Night ( Nablus )

thanx for ur note
my frined

2. Err on the side of overexposed on capture, back exposure down on processing (these are overexposed as a final product)

Really? I've never heard of this before, and I do the very opposite. I underexpose slightly, because you can normally rescue detail if need be, however if it's blown out you'll never get detail back no matter how much you "back exposure down". At least that's been my experience. Not quite sure how you "back exposure down" either???

Anyway I'm more than willing to learn something new!

Hassan, I hope to see more from you and your wonderful part of this world. I agree on these being overexposed. Also a white balance adjustment and a touch of USM would improve these immensely IMHO. They do however have impact as they are and thanks for posting them.

Cheers

Really? I've never heard of this before, and I do the very opposite. I underexpose slightly, because you can normally rescue detail if need be, however if it's blown out you'll never get detail back no matter how much you "back exposure down". At least that's been my experience. Not quite sure how you "back exposure down" either???

Anyway I'm more than willing to learn something new!

Yes, DEFINITELY overexpose. What I mean by back exposure down is turn down the exposure in camera RAW. Don't get me wrong- don't wash the image out, but the key is to make sure that you can see the physical outside of the buildings fairly clearly when you capture the image, otherwise the detail of those buildings will simply not be there... all you will wind up with in the end is noise.

Here is an example of what I consider to be "proper" for a nightshot...

Financial District Skyline - July 2008 - 009 tpf.jpg

Hey Chris, OK, I understand what you are saying now, and as I do enjoy low light photography I will keep it in mind the next time I'm out and give it a try.

Thanks,

Nice photos of a well lighted city. Actually I like the 2nd photo. Palestine is a nice country but never thought that nablus would be better seen like this.:thumbup:

What a beautiful city! I am a big fan of your first shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back