My D7200 quit working

Blind Bruce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to use my new D7200 and was shown an error message on the display that said bad card. So I removed the card and installed another in slot A, and then in slot B. It still claims the cards are defective. I reset the settings and pressed the two green buttons but still no joy.
Any ideas? The camera store is an hours drive away.

Are you using compatible cards?
Make sure its charged and remove all batteries and turn it on. Then put the batteries and cards back and try it again.
If it still fails, send it back.

I went to use my new D7200 and was shown an error message on the display that said bad card. So I removed the card and installed another in slot A, and then in slot B. It still claims the cards are defective. I reset the settings and pressed the two green buttons but still no joy.
Any ideas? The camera store is an hours drive away.

Did you format the cards in a computer? You really should only format in camera unless you understand file formats. The only real test to do is to get a new or known working card and try that so you are not chasing your tail. In the mean time...remove battery, remove both cards, try blowing out the slot as a piece of lint may have got in there. Then put battery back in and try one card at a time in each slot.

Reactions: fmw
All the cards work in the desktop but one, older one will lock up the camera. I reset everything and removed the battery for one minute. Other cards now work as they shoul. I formayyed the old card in the PC and it still doesn't work. I formatted it in the camera as well but still no joy. Went to store and bought a new card.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back