My dad came visiting!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You know him already. He's the photographing dad who took my sister's and my photo that I once presented in a thread called "LaFoto and LaFoto'sSister", and in that thread I also put up his pic.

Well, he came to see us.
And he came by bike, no less! At nearly 75 - he had set out on Wednesday a week ago to cycle up to the North Sea, then spent a day on the little Frisian island of Juist, and took another two days to get to here after that. He spent 2 days with us, right into his grand-daughter's (i.e. my daughters ;)) birthday yesterday, when she turned 12.

I thought I might share some photos (just sharing, since they are nothing but point-and-shoot to capture the moments), for example of grandfather and grandson going out on their bikes together:

Papa_RadtourMitFlo1.jpg

Getting ready, i.e. putting the cycling shoes on...

Papa_RadtourMitFlo2.jpg

...with the brandnew going-to-be triathlete waiting.

Papa_RadtourMitFlo3.jpg

Papa_RadtourMitFlo4.jpg

Posing just for once...

Papa_RadtourMitFlo5.jpg

...and off they went on a short tour.

Again, another wonderful series! Looks like they have quite a strong bond and you've captured that very well :thumbsup:

Very nice. My father just gave up his bike at 79. The first time he has not had a bike since he was four. I have visited a lot of senior homes and nothing is more depressing then seeing them sitting around doing nothing. Like yours, my father is very active and gets up everyday with a purpose, like I hope I will when I'm that age.

Eric

Thank you all for your friendly comments.
Yes, I am happy about him still being so active, and his grandson really enjoyed having him around and showing off his new racer and his new sports (he's only recently switched from "only swimming" to triathlon - my son, that is). He's still on his way home, where he hopes to arrive safely tomorrow afternoon - by car it's a 300km distance from here to where my family live (the route he has chosen is longer, of course).

wow that's great that your dad is in a sooo good condition!!! I have a neighbour who is 87 and still cycles. And I remember when once I went on bikes with my dad and at the begginig he passed us. Then we met him on a route and he passed us again... than again... he was just too fast for us to catch up with him!!! It's incredible how this things changed during the last few decades. In the past people were dying at 50, now they stay fit for a long time. I hope I'll be able to cycle in my late 70s :) and I wish that to all of you :)

Cruzin said:
... what a cool dad, may he bike to 100yrs

Don't I wish for the same...??? By then I'd be 70 and not half as good as he is today!:blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back