My duck is huge, beautiful and hungry!

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here ya go! :) Are these duck pics that actually work well? :)

7 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

2 Attitude

6 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

3 omnomnom

5 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

4 "Let's make a half circlish formation!"

4 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

5 Mine!!!

3 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

6 "What are you staring at, human?!?!"

2 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Thank you for sharing opinions, although I posted a few too many. Not looking for C&C per se, but I always welcome opinions, small or big! :)

Last edited:
Darn it, my high credibility as a hobby nature photographer just went down the drain :lol:

Okay, then maybe these aren't that huge. They were huge for ducks, though. The whole goose situation probably explains that :)

well shoot.. i must be tired. I saw huge, beautiful and hungry and TOTALLY misread "Duck"...only by one letter though. :lol:

^^ LOL, didn't even realise that might happen to some :)

In retrospect, the "the ducks are geese" situation might explain why they were making angry noises as well, almost growling at me.

Darn it, my high credibility as a hobby nature photographer just went down the drain :lol:

Okay, then maybe these aren't that huge. They were huge for ducks, though. The whole goose situation probably explains that :)
Now THAT's funny ;)

You are right though. Had they been ducks they would have been REALLY big! Of course had you called them Norwegian Ducks you might have gotten away with it.

Seriously, I always enjoy duck and goose photos. They can be such animated creatures sometimes. The place I used to work had a lake around the building and there were a lot of ducks and geese that lived on it. I used to feed them in the mornings and they got to where they could recognize my vehicle when I turned into the parking lot and they would flock over and mill around it until I got out and fed them. Sometimes I even had to get out and shoo them out of the way so I could park. They got so tame they would eat out of my hand, which is pretty unusual for wild geese.

Last edited:
#3 was cool I liked the action shot.

Is the last picture, the goose in the middle cracks me up!

SCraig said:
Well, since they are geese they don't really work as duck pictures for me ;)

LOL!!!

I think the goose images are good....but I think the last image is fantastic. I mean really...it almost looks fake...the composition is so interesting. Everything from the flying bird on the left to the main subject goose with his neck crooked. Really interesting image bro. The sky looks very vivid...it's not an HDR sky by any chance?

#2 in color would be amazing!!!!!

lol, enough with the colour demands already!

I have little detail in the head. It sort of bugs me a little.

6 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

And Charlie, false HDR. I lowered the exposure in ACR, and masked back in around the birds. Took quite some time, I'll tell ya! ;) Had to dispose of a lot of shots from this perspective, because the blurry wings of the birds was close to impossible to mask back in without it looking awful.

#6 I could actually see on my wall...

Most reactions

Back