Nikon_Josh
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- May 30, 2011
- Messages
- 936
- Reaction score
- 95
- Location
- Surrey, UK
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I've made some great lens purchases recently that I have been very satisfied with, the Sigma 50 1.4 and the Tamron 90 2.8. I have turned into a bit of a prime addict to say the least! I now feel a Nikon 35mm 1.8 will finish off my collection of lenses. I am wondering though if I really will get alot out of using the 35mm (52mm equivalent) setting, in the past my shots have always been mainly wide angle shots. But it really intrigues me the idea of walking round town like cartier bresson used too with just a standard lens!
Any people out there who love using simply a standard lens (50mm) for most of their shots? I understand this is the view of the human eye sees. But as you can imagine if I trade in the 18-55 VR (Which is amazingly sharp for the money) I don't want to get a lens that sits in my bag all the time. So it would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on doing things the old fashioned way and using a standard lens and whether it has enabled anyone to improve their photography skills. I have a Sigma 10-20 so don't need to worry about losing the 18mm wide angle.
I understand the 35 1.8 is a great lens, but has flaws as mentioned on this forum. I hear it has CA problems. But interesting to hear from users of all brands on this matter. I like the way a prime disciplines you when composing shots, I am interested to see if you guys have found the same thing.
Any people out there who love using simply a standard lens (50mm) for most of their shots? I understand this is the view of the human eye sees. But as you can imagine if I trade in the 18-55 VR (Which is amazingly sharp for the money) I don't want to get a lens that sits in my bag all the time. So it would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on doing things the old fashioned way and using a standard lens and whether it has enabled anyone to improve their photography skills. I have a Sigma 10-20 so don't need to worry about losing the 18mm wide angle.
I understand the 35 1.8 is a great lens, but has flaws as mentioned on this forum. I hear it has CA problems. But interesting to hear from users of all brands on this matter. I like the way a prime disciplines you when composing shots, I am interested to see if you guys have found the same thing.