My first concert photos... C&C please...

Pablojinko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This are from the M for Montreal festival a couple of months ago... I went only with my 50mm 1.8f Canon... The only PP I made was some minor adjustments to the curve...

1.-
4258744964_61f35d7c08_o.jpg

2.-
4257983673_6f545cfb05_o.jpg

3.-
4162924433_da4891e71d_o.jpg

4.-
4162927007_85e1c7ab07_o.jpg

5.-
4163690446_a334cbcb4a_o.jpg

6.-
4149676744_51aa6d60b8_b.jpg

7.-
4148911905_646b10cfa3_b.jpg

Lookin pretty darn good. Good job. Shooting concerts is so fun

NICE, I like them!

As a concert photographer i can be brutally honest with you! Amazing first attempt, well done :) Although remove 4 and 5 as the focus is in the wrong place and makes the photo distracting rather than visually interesting. Great use of the lights in 3 and 4 although 3 does need cropping a tiny bit but thats no biggie. Overall though id say well done.

For inspiration on shots take a look at

Steve Gerrard Photography — Wedding photographer in Birmingham, West Midlands
Dave Musson Photography - Home
Music Photography, Rock Photography, Live photography. Mark Latham Photography
Peter Hill - Rock Photographer  ·  Home

As a concert photographer i can be brutally honest with you! Amazing first attempt, well done :) Although remove 4 and 5 as the focus is in the wrong place and makes the photo distracting rather than visually interesting. Great use of the lights in 3 and 4 although 3 does need cropping a tiny bit but thats no biggie. Overall though id say well done.

Thanks for your comments!!
Now I see what you said about the cropping in 3.. too much black on the right side... I'll try it to see how it goes..

In 4 I had to compose and focus fast... I tried to focus on his face... maybe I missed it... in 5 I focused the head of the audience on purpose... I did another one focused on the band... but I end up likening this one better...

Once again.. thank you everybody for your C&C... looking forward to another session

oh btw sorry i meant 5 and 6 to remove, not 4, 4 is one of your best shots. looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I love 6 but her face is out of focus. My fav. is actaully #3 but it could stand a crop to the right to get him out of the center and lose the dead space

Overall I like what you produced. One tip that was given to me early on is try and get the whole headstock of the guitar in the frame. It will give the shot a fuller more complete look.

It looks like you had some difficult lighting to work with so I think these are a great first attempt and are perfect for you to measure your progress.

#3 and 5 are my favorite, they made me stop and take notice.

What setting did you use when you shot this concert?

#3 and 5 are my favorite, they made me stop and take notice.

What setting did you use when you shot this concert?

I shot in Shutter priority... setting the speed around 160-125... I tried a couple with the iso at 1600 but I noticed too much noise... I ended up shooting at iso800... Light was horrible as a matter of fact :(

Nice job ..

The Lighting effect was amazing !
Keep the hard job up ! =)

Well, I love 3 and 7...

but on a side note that woman is *FREAKISHLY* beautiful. Honestly one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Most reactions

Back