My First (good) Squirrel Picture!

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some backyard shooting with my 70-200 G2 today, and got a decent squirrel picture! I wasn't sure about the white balance. I'm usually a stickler for balancing it correctly, but I kind of like the warm look. I also tried a slightly tigther crop on the color corrected one. C&C welcome.

Random Nature - Daryll Morgan Photography-2.jpg Random Nature - Daryll Morgan Photography-3.jpg

Nice focusing. I love their faces. What if you zoomed in and cropped half the tail? Maybe.

I really like the warmer tone; but I always tend to like my white balance slightly on the warm side.

Nice focusing. I love their faces. What if you zoomed in and cropped half the tail? Maybe.

Nah, I'm already cropped quite a bit as it is. I can barely print an 8x10.

Both WB renderings are fine...the warmer one actually appeals to me more than the "Correct WB" shot.

Both WB renderings are fine...the warmer one actually appeals to me more than the "Correct WB" shot.

Glad you think so! I thought I'd get ripped to shreds here, posting it xD

Nice shot the Squirrels where you are skittish? often times they will let you get close enough to fill the frame with a 200. at least around here

Nice shot the Squirrels where you are skittish? often times they will let you get close enough to fill the frame with a 200. at least around here

Yeah, they're pretty skittish. If they even hear me, they dart away haha. Might consider lures.

Nice!

I much prefer the correct one, the warmer toned one is too yellow for me, but I'm more used to cooler light

Nice!

I much prefer the correct one, the warmer toned one is too yellow for me, but I'm more used to cooler light

Thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

Back