What's new

My First HDR attempt!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
227
Location
Utah
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Flaming Gorge Resevoir in Utah. Got its name for it's "flaming" red rocks.
2648926022_7798e87037.jpg


This one is taken at a small lodge called Red Canyon Lodge. This is also within the Flaming Gorge area.
2648926228_ee97aca11b.jpg
 
don't mean to be rude but i'd say that first one is a bad attempt at hdr. the idea is to get perfect exposure everywhere in your photo, and yours is too bright (at least from what i can tell on my monitor at work). how were your original files exposed? maybe they were too bright to begin with?
 
i love the pics just maybe to bright but still awesome!
 
I like the angle on the second one, good job.
 
don't mean to be rude but i'd say that first one is a bad attempt at hdr. the idea is to get perfect exposure everywhere in your photo, and yours is too bright (at least from what i can tell on my monitor at work). how were your original files exposed? maybe they were too bright to begin with?


I think my biggest issues as I sit down and study these pics, was
#1 I didn't bracket enough. I used -1, 0, 1. As I've been learning about HDR, I'm discovering that I should have done more -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 or something to that extent.
#2 I hauled my dang tripod all the way up there, and realized that the bracket for the tripod was at home attached to my better camera (didn't want to take my professional camera on a camping trip). So I just shot it hand held.
#3 When we got to the top, it almost looked foggy or misty. I used my polarizer hoping to get a better pic, but it really didn't do much. That's why it's so bright, the haze was not working in my favor.
#4 I should have shot in RAW. Enough said there!

Hopefully I can learn from my mistakes and do better next time.
 
i love the pics just maybe to bright but still awesome!


Thank You! It was an amazing location! I'm still perfecting my landscape photography skills, but I'm really enjoying this series!
 
I like the angle on the second one, good job.


Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to make it just a little different from the next guy! Some have liked the angle, some . . . not so much! So I appreciate your compliment!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom