My first Portrait shoot C&C

HDeeZee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, This is my first portrait shoot with a model and I would love to have your critique. Thank you!

6811985456_d97903db13.jpg

6960672891_c488417e81.jpg

6962056509_a0a8b50636.jpg

Well, I think they are very well done but I am sure others will find faults. Too bad you could not find someone that would not make us wish we were young again, What a beauty, you had alot to work with

These are excellent, first time or not. Lighting looks spot on to me and I like the poses.

Love the last one. Looks almost 3D. What's your equipment if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks a lot guys!

Love the last one. Looks almost 3D. What's your equipment if you don't mind sharing?

I was using 2 silver reflectors, Nikon D90 with 50mm 1.8D

Wonderful handling of the 50mm. Nice lighting imo.

very nice.. #1 makes me stop and stare! :)

Really nice job. Very well done for your first model shoot. Great editing too.

Thanks guys!

She is a beautiful girl.
Light should normally come from above, not beside or below, more flattering. Looks like you did a good job managing the fill from the reflectors other than the angle of the light.
Find better scenes to place her into, the background is as important as your subject.
When you clip, like in 1 try to make it look like you meant to do it. In the case of 1, crop even further up into the forearm.

1 is the best, except for the clip.
2 is good except for the setting. Expression could be better.
3 is least, blown out, bad setting, caught the model at an unflattering moment, it is a fun candid but not a good portrait.

A very good first effort, just wanted to give you some things to work on for the next outing.

She is a beautiful girl.
Light should normally come from above, not beside or below, more flattering. Looks like you did a good job managing the fill from the reflectors other than the angle of the light.
Find better scenes to place her into, the background is as important as your subject.
When you clip, like in 1 try to make it look like you meant to do it. In the case of 1, crop even further up into the forearm.

1 is the best, except for the clip.
2 is good except for the setting. Expression could be better.
3 is least, blown out, bad setting, caught the model at an unflattering moment, it is a fun candid but not a good portrait.

A very good first effort, just wanted to give you some things to work on for the next outing.

Thank you for your input, I truly appreciate it!. I will definitely gonna try the lighting you mentioned above on my next shoot. I'll keep all these in mind!

Thanks!!

Your first? Really?

Nice!

Yeah Forkie.. it's my first shooting portraits. I've been just shooting just landscape for over a year. I have to tell you, it was a little touch for me trying to "direct"... :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back