My first "shoot"

starredcivic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I need peoples advice, thoughts, words of wisdom. I am going to be doing my first senior photoshoot. I am looking for some advice on things i need to know when shooting....Everything will help thanks!

Use what your used to, and im serious there.

And make sure your chatty with your model, dont just go "stand there, arms to the side" and then take another 2mins to take a good photo, they will feel so uncomfortable and it will easily come accross in the photo.

well i am here in denver so I am going to go hit up the mountains and red rocks. I am shooting a Canon 350D with Sigma Lenses (28-70)(70-300) I also have access to some other lenses so I am going to try and see if I can use those. I have all the accessories I need...I think...tripod, battery grip, slave flash

Artemis said:
Use what your used to, and im serious there.

And make sure your chatty with your model, dont just go "stand there, arms to the side" and then take another 2mins to take a good photo, they will feel so uncomfortable and it will easily come accross in the photo.

I have known this girl for about 10 years so making sure I communicate to her my needs wnt be a problem

If possible have her bring several changes of clothes, so you can do different shots with different clothes. Maybe somethin dressy, somethin casual, something fun etc......If she has longer hair, tell her to bring some clips....try updo's and down do's....The photographers that I know that do senior shoots usually do 5 different settings in 5 different outfits.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
If possible have her bring several changes of clothes, so you can do different shots with different clothes. Maybe somethin dressy, somethin casual, something fun etc......If she has longer hair, tell her to bring some clips....try updo's and down do's....The photographers that I know that do senior shoots usually do 5 different settings in 5 different outfits.

great thank you. I asked her to bring several different outfits so I hope she goes through with it! Her hair is short so I dont have to worry about the hair clips. I will definatly keep you all updated with pictures from the shoot.

Are there things that people recommend I have on the day of the shoot...both for me and the client?

Most reactions

Back