my first sunset

ericmo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
164.jpg

Sunsets are wonderful. You may have seen 1000 before the one you now see and you'll still be amazed over the one you're seeing just now!

Wonderful colours.
The photo feels a bit fuzzy, though, even though I can see that the tree tops and thos faraway posts in the part where the trees are lowest look sharp.

I think that if I had taken this photo, I'd have processed it some in Photoshop, only mildly, but I would ... may I try some?

yes! i dont know how to edit yet ,still working on learning how to use gimp

Well, my edits (very mild ones, as you shall see) were done with an ancient old version of Photoshop (6.0), and this is what I did:

Play with the levels
164_myedit_step1.jpg

(the screenshot I took shows what I did, i.e. up the highlights from 255 to 220, and deepen the shadows from 0 to 12)

Apply a bit of unsharp mask (USM)
164_myedit_step2.jpg

End result is this, do you like it?

164_myedit.jpg

looks great ! thanx!

Excellent picture! you sure this is your 1st.? ;)

Besides LaFoto's excellent techniques there's also one or more pictures within every photograph. It's like, some kind or law or something. :D We can get to them by cropping more and scaling less. In yours I see an awesomely beautiful shot within your shot (actually several but just one for now. ;) ).

See where the tree-line dips down to a flat place with what looks like 2 telephone poles in it? Imagine cropping the image to about 2.5 or 3 times the width of that flat place - with the flat-place centered and the general tree-line toward the bottom. Extend the crop box up as high as you'd like but not into the blues. Crop that, apply LaFoto's techniques, scale it for the web and I bet you'll be very very pleased with those results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back