My first try at macro

kickingbackintoit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ft. Hood Texas. But I've lived all over the place
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out with a friend in Austin shooting around the city, and decided to try out my new lens (50mm 1.8) for macro. I got many good shots today, but I want some criticism on these.

These two (above) are edited in CS3. I think the rose was more appealing to the eye after adding a little more contrast. The dead leaves however, I converted to black and white, adjusted the brightness and contrast, and smart sharpened. I'm looking forward to hearing every ones replies.

These are the originals, straight from the lens. Sorry about the thumbnails folks, the new image hosting site I use doesn't allow me to post full size images on other sites. But they do treat me well, so I can't complain...

Hey there
try to get the subject out of the center of the pic. Most of the time it makes the picture more interesting to look at. Just search for "rule of thirds" and you will get a ton of information about that. I cant really say anything about the colors because i only looked at the thumbs. Took the larger picture forever to load.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back