My friend...C&C please!!!

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Me and my friend went out a few weeks ago and took some pictures.

This was the first time I took portraits of anyone other then my kids. :blushing:

It was a overcast, but very bright day, and I think the white wall kinda acted as a very bright reflector...I was trying to find a wall that was another color, but wasn't able to. :grumpy: Oh well.

I desaturated it a bit because her red sweater was almost GLOWING red and was a bit distracting.

C&C please!

43ea2cd5.jpg

I love the lighting as well as composition and colors. The only thing I would have done different is adjusting her pose by making her have a bit more attitude. This could be achieved by making her stand up a little straighter, but still have her head tilted.

Cheers,
Paul.

thank you for the comment and advice!

I think it's a fabulous shot! The wall looks a little drained out of color, but you already made mention of something similar. I would love to take shots like this! :p Definitely my style.

What are you using to edit?? In Photoshop CS2 you can use a mask and only desaturate the sweater if you wanted a different take on it.

What are you using to edit?? In Photoshop CS2 you can use a mask and only desaturate the sweater if you wanted a different take on it.

Im using PS Elements 6...I could do that though! I kinda like the desaturated look, but it seemed to take a little away from her face. I will see how that looks.

Thanks for all the comments! I needed a confidence boost! :) I think I've looked at my pictures so much that I start to find too many things I dont like about them, and then start thinking they all stink. :lmao:

A little more headroom in the frame would be nice.. I also agree on having a little more attitude; get her to "pop" her hip. It'd give her body so much more dimension and curves

Most reactions

New Topics

Back