My latest sunset attempts

kreuzberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Following on from this tread A few sunset pictures, heres a few new sunset pictures from my latest film.

If anyones interested, the rest of the set is here

C&C welcome :)

i think you might need to fix the exposure on the first 3 shots (at least). other improvements are needed as well but i'll let the experts tell you that =)

Unless your going for a silhouette look, I would say the same (to fix your exposures).

I was kinda going for the silhouette look because I dont like too much detail in the foreground to distract from the colours. Also when I try to bring out more detail in the foreground, the background always ends up overexposed. Maybe someone can point out where I'm going wrong?

Are these film also?

Yup I shot it using Fuji Superia 200 ISO :)

Underexpose by 1 stop. It will also help saturate the colors and kill any detail in the silouette.

Be sure and double check your focus points or manually focus at infinity if you want detail in the clouds.

I quite like the silhouette effect, #1 is my favourite - I like that there's still jsut a smidgen of detail on the brick wall and lighthouse.

Underexpose by 1 stop. It will also help saturate the colors and kill any detail in the silouette.

Be sure and double check your focus points or manually focus at infinity if you want detail in the clouds.

Thanks for the tips KmH, I'll try and under expose them a bit more next time.

All these photos were manually focused to infinity except no.2 which was focused on the ring about a meter away, do you think theres not enough detail in the clouds?

Do you bracket? Always take multiple exposures at different stops when shooting tricky things like sunsets.

Are these straight of out the camera? I think a tiny amount of PP could make them pop.

I like the silhouettes.

Good work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back