KyPink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_1564.jpg

he said light on the foreground subject, meaning not the background

Better get to masking in photoshop

I'm not so good with the masking... Help please!

Obviously it would be a whole lot easier to just reshoot on a day you have a nice sunset - this time use that built in flash on your camera, I think your cameras both have them - either way good learning experience here

1) you do have photoshop right?
2) somewhow you brightened what you have in the 2nd post, how did you arrive at that?

Someone please post link to photoshop adjustment layers and masking thereof

This was shot in RAW so when you open the photo in photoshop (which, yes, I do have it). It gives you options to edit the exposure and wb etc. I just adjusted the fill light a bit... apparently that doesn't cut it though.

No it doesn't. If you don't have Elements you can use Camera Raw's Adjustment brush, which elements doesn't have, to edit locally rather than globally.

By the way the blue text has much less contrast than black text does with the white background making it hardeer to read. The serif font is also harder to read. The default text color and font were selected for readability.

Also the Beginners forum new description notes it is no longer a Gallery or C&C section, so I moved your thread for you.

Sorry. I guess this is why I've been a member of this site for almost 3 years and barely posted anything. I appreciate the suggestion that my pic needs some light on the subject. I'd love to have the knowledge of masking in photoshop to fix it but I guess that's just something I have to learn and I'm not there yet. My goal was to get some feedback as to what I could change and I did that. As for the font and the color of my text, that seems a little nit-picky to me... why do you offer it as an option if you're going to gripe about it? Just sayin.

KyPink said:
Sorry. I guess this is why I've been a member of this site for almost 3 years and barely posted anything. I appreciate the suggestion that my pic needs some light on the subject. I'd love to have the knowledge of masking in photoshop to fix it but I guess that's just something I have to learn and I'm not there yet. My goal was to get some feedback as to what I could change and I did that. As for the font and the color of my text, that seems a little nit-picky to me... why do you offer it as an option if you're going to gripe about it? Just sayin.

you have photoshop
you have internet
you have you tube
you've been on here 3 years

Just sayin.

Yeah, once again, snarky comments don't help and are not really necessary. I have photoshop and you tube and yadda yadda yadda... I was looking for input from my peers. Maybe I should look somewhere else.

My comment wasn't aimed at improving your editing, although you could pursue that avenue but rather to think about the composition when taking the shot. Had you used a little fill-flash or a reflector the image would be more pleasing.

As far as editing, it takes patience, something I don't master either but there are tools in most photo-editing software that will allow selective changes.

If you've got PS, go to the help section and watch some of the tutorials. I found them very helpful on masking etc.

Thanks fellas! Fortunately I can recreate this seen rather easily since this is usually the view from my kitchen window :) I've been fiddling around with photoshop and just can't get an edit that I like as much as the original. So tomorrow I'll be out there at sunset with reflector/pop-up flash in hand to see how it pans out!

Most reactions

Back