My latest sunset long exposure

batmura

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After underexposing some of my previous long exposure shots, I went to the same location and tried a proper exposure. Luckily, unlike last time, there were some nice clouds in the sky and I was able to capture their movement.

This photo was taken at the northernmost location of Istanbul. It's quite a unique place as the southern part is the Sea of Marmara while the northern part is the Black Sea. Any C&C most welcome.

Anadolu Feneri, Istanbul, Turkey (6) by batmura, on Flickr

GaryT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very nice, halo across the land takes away from it though.

FanBoy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like your seascape colors and techniques on your photos.

HL45

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Looks like you nailed the exposure, nice work :)

Tinderbox (UK)

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Were not worthy :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

John.

Dinardy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
You really got it this time, great shot. I can see nothing wrong with this image.

Trblmkr

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very nice... what's the exposure data of this picture. I don't see any on here or your flickr page for it.

OP
B

batmura

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very nice... what's the exposure data of this picture. I don't see any on here or your flickr page for it.
250 seconds. Are you pleased with the 496rc2 ball head? I have the same tripod with a pan and tilt head and am considering switching to a ball head. Have you used it for landscape photos? Any pros and cons you would like to share?

Trblmkr

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
250 seconds. Are you pleased with the 496rc2 ball head? I have the same tripod with a pan and tilt head and am considering switching to a ball head. Have you used it for landscape photos? Any pros and cons you would like to share?

250Secs... F?? The reason I'm asking is I want to try that with some of my pictures and it would be a good starting point IMO.

Yeah I love it, I used to have a pan and tilt and I was constantly moving my hands from this knob to this lever to this knob and it was crazy. With this it's just one knob to rotate to loosen and tighten. The only time it's an issue is when it sticks a little and you only need to move it like a teeny tiny bit. Sometimes I just wind up moving it completely to get it back straight. This is especially true with shooting with big horizons.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics