My Mac isn't recognizing my Canon...

BeccaBeatdown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, a few months ago my Mac stoped recognizing my Canon Digital Rebel XT. I tried playing around with the camera and figuring it out on my own, but I didn't seem to help the problem. So, to save me some frustration I just started using a card reader. Now, my card reader is broken, so I need to figure out what this is about.
Previously, I didn't install any of the programs that came along with the camera because it automatically sync-ed up to my Iphoto. So, tonight I installed the software that was included, thinking that might be the reason, however, after the installation it's still saying that there is no camera found when the camera is, in fact, hooked up to the computer.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas into how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Well I can't stand mac's but you might want to uninstall any drivers on your cpu (for your camera) then go to canon's website and download a new driver for your camera. It sounds like you have a corrupted driver file. everyone thinks they are 100% safe with a mac. But they are just as vulnerable as a PC just nobody has ever bothered with them because they only take up less than 10% of the market. But now that Mac's are getting more popular more hackers are directing more viruses toward mac's. best of luck let us know if that worked?:sexywink:

Well I can't stand mac's

everyone thinks they are 100% safe with a mac. But they are just as vulnerable as a PC just nobody has ever bothered with them because they only take up less than 10% of the market. But now that Mac's are getting more popular more hackers are directing more viruses toward mac's. best of luck let us know if that worked?:sexywink:

So how does this relate to the original post? sounds ranting juvenile

or a PC versus Mac Troll

So how does this relate to the original post? sounds ranting juvenile

or a PC versus Mac Troll
OMG You are by far the most immature kid i've ever seen! Grow up little boy. It relates to the post because Spyware,malware,trojans,worms,ect.ect.ect. Can damage files and/or corrupt them!!! Get a Clue B4 you try attacking something you know nothing about! Little man!:lmao::lol:

OMG You are by far the most immature kid i've ever seen! Grow up little boy. It relates to the post because Spyware,malware,trojans,worms,ect.ect.ect. Can damage files and/or corrupt them!!! Get a Clue B4 you try attacking something you know nothing about! Little man!:lmao::lol:

Yes... this is why you suggested reloading the driver fine.

The rest is a rant.

Yes... this is why you suggested reloading the driver fine.

The rest is a rant.
Every thing you have posted today is a "so called" rant! Wow!!! Do you have any form of a brain in your head? Or do you just always speak directly from your ass?:lol:

You might want to try and see if Happy Hours method works if that does not then install the software that came with the camera and see. If that does not work then go to an apple forum because it seams like it's a problem with the computer not the camera.

Best of luck!

So, a few months ago my Mac stoped recognizing my Canon Digital Rebel XT. I tried playing around with the camera and figuring it out on my own, but I didn't seem to help the problem. So, to save me some frustration I just started using a card reader. Now, my card reader is broken, so I need to figure out what this is about.
Previously, I didn't install any of the programs that came along with the camera because it automatically sync-ed up to my Iphoto. So, tonight I installed the software that was included, thinking that might be the reason, however, after the installation it's still saying that there is no camera found when the camera is, in fact, hooked up to the computer.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas into how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

If you have not, you may want to try plugging the camera into a different USB slot on your mac, or try a different USB cable before you attempt anything further.

Reinstall drivers, or if mac has a rollback feature try that. If all else fails, they make an external card reader that plugs into a usb or firewire port.

usayit...I'm going to have to agree with Happy Hour at this time. While she did kind of go off on a tangent...you are ranting...take it easy.
Happy Hour...try not to get aggravated. It only makes things worse.

I'm not taking sides...just saying that the both should take a step back, and relax. It's a simple misunderstanding/getting excited.

It's the season to be jolly...so...be jolly...

PS - Did you install the CD from the box like it says? And I know you said you did...but I mean...did you install everything? Just the software is useless...there's drivers and whatnot on there too. Or try Canon's website.

(Mine just worked when I plugged it into my Mac. But of course, I purchased Aperture...so that could have something to do with it.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back