My monthly trip to Toronto (NSFW)

cauzimme

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went to Toronto (still in the bus going back Montreal) once again to shoots some beautiful ladies. I must admit, I really like my job could have been worst, hehe.

Here's the few edits I had time to do. (Some show their face, some don't, some wants blur, some wants crops, so yeah, I guess I do not have a style, I just do what i'm asked)

13227132_10156964264990010_1589938285282891848_n.jpg

13254604_10156970997415010_5906393159773920891_n.jpg

13174088_10156971296935010_8222591005796522906_n.jpg

13220904_10156971349590010_6163277858450867356_n.jpg

Ciwvmm1VAAAXjpL.jpg:large

Civtwv9UoAAhme5.jpg:large

CiwPTzoUgAA-oK-.jpg:large

Cii1kvcU4AAZLjD.jpg:large

These seem really great to me! This isn't my area, but I looked them over and nothing jumped out at me.
Great job! :)

I forgot to say, that your lighting looks wonderfully done! :)

Great stuff. So much more polish and enhanced composition compared to your first work. My comments:

1. Love it. Great pose, lovely subject. I'd change two things if possible: you clipped her head--any chance that happened in a crop? Restore that part of her head. Second, the black vertical bars in the background...clone 'em out or at least reduce their intensity...right now they draw the viewer's eye. Outstanding pose though--really, really nice--and a lovely photo.

2. Love the pose, the flintiness in the mood of the shot, the DoF. Part of her butt and her hair is blown out. Any chance of restoring that or adding just a little bit of detail rather than an overblown white spot? Otherwise, that's a damn fine shot...sexy, playful, attractive and artistic. This is outstanding work.

3. As I mentioned in my earlier post to you...background issues for me with this shot. Also, I think the pose would be a little bit stronger if she was leaning back a few inches or leaning forward...otherwise, the pose looks a little stiff. But except for the background, I love this shot of her. Very statuesque, long and flowing, nice triangles going on here, good use of the robe or peignoir. Fine shot of a beautiful woman.

4. Too difficult for me to evaluate. There are some elements to the model that aren't appealing to me (and I know that shouldn't matter). I don't see it as a bad picture. But from an artistic or glamour perspective I don't think it works. The subject may love it as a portrait or PR for her site so in that case it would be a success. I've seen great results playing with water. But to me, there isn't a lot notable about the composition or pose or lighting that makes me sit up and take notice. To put it another way, it's a revealing picture of a woman with unique looks...but there isn't anything about the pose or the picture that grabs me.

5. Lovely pose, wish you didn't have to blur the face for privacy reasons. I find the bright light/window to the right to be a distraction...can you crop that out? I love mirrors but right now it's just an object...you're not using it to reflect or create interesting visions so I think I'd clone it out unless you think it balances the picture in some way.

6. Lovely pose, wish you didn't have to blur the face for privacy reasons. It would be stronger with two things: if her right foot wasn't vertical but instead was at an angle (with her heel further away from the other foot--think triangle). Also, I think the chest of drawers in the background is a distraction so cloning it out would probably be better. Nice shot though.

7. I like the pose (though again, wish the left foot wasn't vertical but at an angle). The light is too extreme though--spots in shadow (her legs from mid-calf on) and other parts are washed out. It might benefit by going B&W and making this an art shot with lots of shadow. Or it would have been stronger with a faster exposure but a big-ass reflector to bounce soft light from that window on to the side of her facing the camera.

8. Damn good pose and shot and lovely result. I find the woodward along the base of the sofa to be distracting--it captures light and has detail...consider cloning it out or at least darkening and fading it so it's less eye catching. Great pose, lovely color, soft light, beautiful model,....I like just about everything with this shot. Maybe darken the wood behind the model's shoulder so it doesn't draw our eye. Great example of a pose that protects privacy without it looking like someone is trying to hide their face. I think this is a winning shot in color but given some of the shadow and strong lines, I think it would be different but beautiful in B&W as well.

As always you are giving me fabulous pointers!
The 7 is by far my least favorite one, my skin is too soft, but she's a curvy lady so I had too. the light is not blown on my computer but the highlights are too high, I should reduce for sure, unfortunately she already started advertising with it. I will try for futur pic a little less contrast. The more I look at it, the more I litteraly hate it.
The 5 I thought that the mirror was creating a triangle which I thought was great.
The second wasn't blown on my computer (after restoring it with raw) window yes, body no, but I will try to go further, because on my iphone, it does look way too white. I really should invest in a computer for editing.
For the 1, I did crop her head volontarely, I have some with her full head (I'm now shooting like Sue Bryce, different angle, different crop for the same pose) the hardest is to get a good face and a good body man, tought work :)

Love your photos, always awesome if you get to work with beautiful people. What lighting do you use?

Cauzimme, here's a tip...if you're doing edits and they look fine on your laptop but then appear blown out elsewhere, try calibrating your monitor or screen. That can make a huge difference (both in white balance/tone and intensity of the light). It sounds like that might be an issue for you since you mention edits that look fine but appear blown out elsewhere.

And you're being way too harsh on #7. It's not a "great" photo. But it's still a very good pose. And it's going to be a bit of a challenge to pose her so she doesn't look heavy or chunky.

You're focusing on details...and that certainly is important. But you're letting the challenge of some details (getting all of the details right outside of a studio is really challenging) ignore the fact that the FEEL of your shots is now totally different from when you first started posting. You original shots at much harsher lighting, more dynamic range (so more items in dark shadow, more blown out sections) the felt less romantic and more a appropriate for a "noir" atmosphere. You're now shooting work that in most cases would be perfect for typical boudoir--romantic, sexy, flattering of the model, soft, sultry, hiding or minimizing bad features of the subject--and you're doing it well.

If you're using ambient light and one soft box with a speed light, I suggest that you add 1 or 2 reflectors. A 3-in-1 will fold up very small, is light, can serve as a scrim. More importantly for your work, they will soften the light, reduce dynamic range, and add fill--all 3 elements that really enhance boudoir or glamour nudes and lingerie. They won't be a big invest, will be easy to travel with. Get 1 or 2 big theater clamps and they will stabilize the reflectors (put them on the bottom like stands or feet, or clam on to tables or chairs).

If you're using ambient light and one soft box with a speed light, I suggest that you add 1 or 2 reflectors. A 3-in-1 will fold up very small, is light, can serve as a scrim. More importantly for your work, they will soften the light, reduce dynamic range, and add fill--all 3 elements that really enhance boudoir or glamour nudes and lingerie. They won't be a big invest, will be easy to travel with. Get 1 or 2 big theater clamps and they will stabilize the reflectors (put them on the bottom like stands or feet, or clam on to tables or chairs).
Yes I also use reflectors :) Got 2 of them

Most reactions

New Topics

Back