My personal favorite photo taken this past week.

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Out of all the hundreds of shots taken in the mountains this past week, this is my favorite :heart:. I was laying flat out on a rock with my arms extended and the lens about 2-3 inches from the center rock. Focal length at 12mm, no crop. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

DSC_4087_edited-2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Great shot, I love how there are leaves and fall coloring in the reflection.

Wow, what's the shutter speed on that? Pretty sharp for hand-holding and getting all that movement. Great colors as well.

Great shot, I love how there are leaves and fall coloring in the reflection.

Thanks meganc. Unfortunately, the drought in the Southeast has lessened the intensity and proliferation of color usually found this time of year. The one day I decided to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway (about another 2000' in elevation) it was a complete whiteout, you couldn't see 15' in front of you because of the clouds.

Wow, what's the shutter speed on that?

Shutter speed = 1 second
Aperture = f/16
ISO = 100
WB = cloudy
CPL filter used and possibly an ND x8 filter. Can't remember for sure

Pretty sharp for hand-holding and getting all that movement. Great colors as well.

I forgot about the flask of tequila stuffed in the bag until much later. By then it was medicinal.

Thats awesome!

What part of the parkway are you close to? I live in the lynchburg/roanoke, va area.

Thats awesome!

What part of the parkway are you close to? I live in the lynchburg/roanoke, va area.

Thanks Ajay.

I'm not close at all...yet. Hopefully I will be in Asheville the next few months, but this past week I was in outside of Brevard, very much south of you. BRP milepost would be around 412-ish, coming up Hwy #276.

I've been around the Lynchburg/Roanoke area in the recent past and think that's a beautiful part of the world.....can't say much for the locals. LOL:)

Thank you for also providing us with the "making of"-story that goes with this photo, I much appreciate hearing that. I am surprised we get so little of the "typical" (or not?) effect of such a wide angle (12mm you say), there is no distortion to be seen at all, which surprises me. What I do love a lot is the colourful water, i.e. the reflections of the surrounding trees in the water, and the leaves taking up that same colour and underlining it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back