My POTD - Old Rail Station

Nice scene and obviously beautiful sky, but it really loses the station, which really does look to be a nice subject.

Could use some curves work as well.

Although the sky is really beautiful in 1, it definitely takes away ALL it can from your intendet subject and makes itself the main subject of your photo.

Assuming that you didn't mean for that to happen, I prefer the crop to the original.
How do you know it is a rail station? Looks like a water mill to me at a first glance...
Does it REALLY have PINK window frames??? What fun.

The sky's nice but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near to being as stunning as it would need to be to carry the shot.

I agree.... shot #1 is great, just too much sky. It really does take away from the building + surrounding area.

#2 is much, much better. I wouldn't use curves so much as a quick overlay mask @ 10 or 15% OR up your darks in levels.

I think it definately helps! the first looks a little color-dull, especially in direct comparison.

Re: curves, it's just somewhat flat. It needs more contrast, it may be a bit overbright, may need some color tweaking, etc. It just needs a little love. If you're bored and happen to have it online somewhere as an original I can download I can give it a once-over to show you what I mean. (RAW would be good, but JPEG is fine)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back