bean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Sorry just had to show off what arrived on my doorstep today :D

DSCF0007a.jpg

DSCF0006a.jpg

Not bad for $80 (cdn) eh? Can't wait for a nicer day to put a roll of Fuji Superia I bought through it.

Nice camera and has good reviews. It was well received when it hit the market new in 1981, but I don't know much about the Sigma lens that came with it. Minolta MD and MC lenses both new and used will fit your camera.

Congratulations...that's a neat looking piece of kit!
Nothing like a new toy to bring a smile huh?
Hope you have fun with it...enjoy!

How much zoom is the lense? I cant read how many mm's it is.

Very nice price. :0)

I wonder why camera makers took the aperature dial off of the lense and put it on the mode dial thing. With it being on the lense, it would be easy to adjust with out having to hit a shift sort of button to go between time and aperature.

Congrats. :0).

It's a 39-80mm f/3.5...it's probably not all that good of a lens but I'm searching for a nice bright prime lens or two now though 8)

However the lens has 4 dials I can play with...it's kinda fun. I tried a macro shot of the crocuses coming up in my garden, have to wait and see how it turns out :D

I wonder why camera makers took the aperature dial off of the lense and put it on the mode dial thing. With it being on the lense, it would be easy to adjust with out having to hit a shift sort of button to go between time and aperature

Not positive on this one, but i think it has something to do w/ the newer cameras not actually stopping the aperture down until the shutter release is pressed so that it is brighter and easier to focus. THe dial on the lens does it manually so u hafta stop down when u adjust.

tr0gd0o0r said:
Not positive on this one, but i think it has something to do w/ the newer cameras not actually stopping the aperture down until the shutter release is pressed so that it is brighter and easier to focus. THe dial on the lens does it manually so u hafta stop down when u adjust.

Nope, the meter is coupled with the apeture dial so you can focus and meter with the full apeture. It stops down itself when the shutter is released just like the newer cameras.
My camera isn't that old :p

tr0gd0o0r said:
I wonder why camera makers took the aperature dial off of the lense and put it on the mode dial thing. With it being on the lense, it would be easy to adjust with out having to hit a shift sort of button to go between time and aperature

Nah, my old camera is from the 60's probably and the lens has an auto and a manual setting, so that you can choose whether the aperture stops down when you do it, or only during exposure or checking the light meter.

I too would like to know why they do that. I hate it. THat's probably the #1 reason I leave my camera on auto too much, because I just hate playing with aperture on the top of the camera. It's supposed to be on the lens!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back