my son c@c

RockstarPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Being a photographer allows me to also be sort of a "stay at home dad". I probably take 50 shots of my son every day. I can't really set up any lights because him being 11 months likes to knock things down and not stay put for shots so I have to kinda shoot "on the fly" I've been experementing using an off camera flash bounced of various walls and the natural light comming in from our patio door. I think I may put up some kind of diffuser in the window as the light can be a bit harsh. let me know what ya think.

5385790783_d04121a0dd.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0040-Edit by rockstarrphotography, on Flickr[/IMG]

5386393202_6f52c5f1e7.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0024 by rockstarrphotography, on Flickr[/IMG]

_-10 by rockstarrphotography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Being a photographer allows me to also be sort of a "stay at home dad". I probably take 50 shots of my son every day. I can't really set up any lights because him being 11 months likes to knock things down and not stay put for shots so I have to kinda shoot "on the fly" I've been experementing using an off camera flash bounced of various walls and the natural light comming in from our patio door. I think I may put up some kind of diffuser in the window as the light can be a bit harsh. let me know what ya think.

Adorable kid! In the first one, the light is indeed a little harsh, but it's otherwise nicely exposed. My only criticism is that you've managed to lop off part of his head in the first two pictures. Also, the muted/desaturated look might have gone a little too far. As they're pictures of your own child, I should emphasize how much I appreciate the fact that there's no yogurt/applesauce/snot smeared all over his face.

I do like them... But I feel they are all a bit soft.

I think #1 is my favorite... But think it could stand a bit more saturation...

I did a quick edit to show what I mean... I enhanced the color a bit and threw a little sharpening at in...

This is what I came up with.

5385790783_d04121a0dd.jpg

Thanks for your responses. At first I had the saturation higher, but then it looked like every other picture i've taken. So i decided to go the other route and try to give it the more warm vintage look. I probably could have bumped up the white balance a bit to give it more warmth. As far as cropping off the head, ya, i know :blushing: but in my defense, I've been shooting in manual focus and its not easy to keep a kid moving around in focus and in the frame!!!!!!!!!...lol

Personally, I like kid pictures with some of the head cropped off.

I disagree I think more saturation would be a bit much. I like the muted look here

since we can't view new threads I dug up this one and will just add to it.

2 more shots for ya.

I don't really do many scenic photos, but gave it a shot. Went for a walk with my son. Unfortunately I forgot the adapter to put my flash on my stand so had to put it on the ground. I may photoshop some of that light on the ground out later

5403443520_7519a6d1f5_b.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0101-Edit by rockstarrphotography, on Flickr[/IMG]

On this one I was bored so just took some random shots while my kid was sleeping. Nothing really turned out very good so I went ballistic with photoshop cause thats what I do when boredom strikes

5402103899_33df574198_b.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0062-Edit by rockstarrphotography, on Flickr[/IMG]

nobody????

Was the log shot taken on the Clear Creek Greenbelt, or the South Platte Greenbelt?:mrgreen:

Or am I just way off? Lots of fallen cottonwoods in my area, I'm out in Wheat Ridge.
C7

It was taken at cherry creek bike trail in englewood. I'm new here so don't really know clear creek greenbelt or south platte greenbelt!!..lol

nobody????

Was the log shot taken on the Clear Creek Greenbelt, or the South Platte Greenbelt?:mrgreen:

Or am I just way off? Lots of fallen cottonwoods in my area, I'm out in Wheat Ridge.
C7

It was taken at cherry creek bike trail in englewood. I'm new here so don't really know clear creek greenbelt or south platte greenbelt!!..lol

The South Platte Greenbelt runs from C-470 and Santa Fe to where the river goes under Bowles, and the Clear Creek Greenbelt runs from Golden all the way to Commerce City, pretty much.

If you want to do some nature stuff but dont want to get out of town, both are excellent choices, especially if you have a bicycle. Clear Creek has lots of wildlife, especially birds, but there are some lakes off of 44th and Youngsfield (I-70 and Ward, basically), where I often see turtles and muskrats, deer, and the occasional elk. Right in the city.:thumbup:

If you are lucky, and you're on the Clear Creek belt between Golden and Wheat Ridge, you'll see Marty...a 350lb snapping turtle that makes his way between the creek and the lakes on Applewood Golf Course. Just dont get too close, he's quick for a prehistoric fat kid...

C7

The South Platte Greenbelt runs from C-470 and Santa Fe to where the river goes under Bowles, and the Clear Creek Greenbelt runs from Golden all the way to Commerce City, pretty much.

If you want to do some nature stuff but dont want to get out of town, both are excellent choices, especially if you have a bicycle. Clear Creek has lots of wildlife, especially birds, but there are some lakes off of 44th and Youngsfield (I-70 and Ward, basically), where I often see turtles and muskrats, deer, and the occasional elk. Right in the city.:thumbup:

If you are lucky, and you're on the Clear Creek belt between Golden and Wheat Ridge, you'll see Marty...a 350lb snapping turtle that makes his way between the creek and the lakes on Applewood Golf Course. Just dont get too close, he's quick for a prehistoric fat kid...

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Never did much nature photography cause i'm from where its just flat plains, not much to photograph, way more scenery here though. (plus I think my kid is getting tired of flashes in his face and light stands where he plays)

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Never did much nature photography cause i'm from where its just flat plains, not much to photograph, way more scenery here though. (plus I think my kid is getting tired of flashes in his face and light stands where he plays)

If you need location tips, don't hesitate to ask. I've been here 32 years and I get around.

If you need location tips, don't hesitate to ask. I've been here 32 years and I get around.

sounds good man.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back