--|| My Thermal Electric / Water Cooled Work PC ||-- Pictures

Wizzard005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Aloha all,

Just though i would share what i have for a Rig.

Specs:
Intel Core Duo 4.4Ghz
8GB DDR 1302Mhz
2 x WD 300GB Raid 0
2 x WD 750GB Raid 0 + 5
2 x WD 750GB Backup Drives
5 x 320GB Network Backup Drives
1 x Nvidia 9800GTX Video Card
1 x SoundBlaster XFI
PSU 1200 Watt Silverstone
Monitors 2 x Dell 24"

1. What you see here is my Water tower on top of my PC, whole thing sites about 8ft tall

180946562_ce2Tq-L.jpg

2. I pic of the setup
180949809_KkoSX-L.jpg

3. Tec
182928309_Kut24-L.jpg

4. CPU temp -12c
186165371_nz5MT-L.jpg

186165754_aPb8A-L.jpg

165440194_vKSdH-L.jpg

Some random pics

177462120_SHTTQ-L.jpg

271064470_vBADV-L.jpg

Crossfire HT PC
240244209_JeFRe-L.jpg

Last edited:
what type of cooling are you using? normal passive water cooling can only take you down to room temperature, and assuming that your room is no -12C and that your cpu is producing some heat, that temperature is not accurate. It is probably somewhere in the low 30C idle and low 40c load as is typical for a high end water cooled pc.

what type of cooling are you using? normal passive water cooling can only take you down to room temperature, and assuming that your room is no -12C and that your cpu is producing some heat, that temperature is not accurate. It is probably somewhere in the low 30C idle and low 40c load as is typical for a high end water cooled pc.

I am using Air cooling with Tec (thermal electric CPU block) lowers it blow room temp..

Here is a pic with a full load on the cpc:

182928332_jk9xd-L.jpg

trust me its correct... I have been building PCs are 15 years..

here is a pic of the TEC
182928342_vCmrG-L.jpg

I have just never heard it referred to as a thermal electric so I did not connect to tec cooling. Now it makes sense.

NICE! Congrats!

Careful, though, there are some here who would pounce on you and tell you that you are LYING! :)

See thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134860 :)

How are you finding the volume levels? The thing I have setup has 12 fans on it and is absolutely ridiculously loud. I'm considering moving it out to my standard case and just not overclocking it anymore.

YOUR LYING. Just kidding, no he wasn't talking about me, and it was probably just a typo but how can 2 HDDs be in a RAID 0+5 configuration? Isn't that called RAID 4 and needs a 3 drive minimum?

Speaking of which you have 4x750gb drives, two you mentioned backup. Is that a manual process? May I suggest run all 4 drives in RAID 0+1 config.

Can't help but think for the cost of that system you could have bought one decent monitor but that's just the photographer in me talking. :fangs: Nice setup otherwise :)

well, i am not making any of it up for what i have. I have a bunch of HD"s because I have alot of Media and I also have disc space for customer backups etc.

I own a company over here in Hawaii (kauai) called Hardware Guys WWW.HWGUYS.COM

Most of the HD's are external cause i dont have the space inside my tower :)

For the monitor, i am saving for the Gateway 30", but two 24's do me just fine for now.

For any of you who think i am making up this stuff :) your welcome to visit my website with all the full size pictures and stuff.. Link is in my sig

NICE! Congrats!

Careful, though, there are some here who would pounce on you and tell you that you are LYING! :)

See thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134860 :)

How are you finding the volume levels? The thing I have setup has 12 fans on it and is absolutely ridiculously loud. I'm considering moving it out to my standard case and just not overclocking it anymore.

you need to buy good fans with low db. You cant hear the PC while its on, i mean you can hear it sure, but it sounds almost like a stock dell tower.

Fans i use are all 120mm SilentX - nothing lights up, those fans are junk.
www.frozencpu.com

If you need any info on anything realated to OC'ing or whatnot, ask me anytime :)

you need to buy good fans with low db. You cant hear the PC while its on, i mean you can hear it sure, but it sounds almost like a stock dell tower.

Fans i use are all 120mm SilentX - nothing lights up, those fans are junk.
www.frozencpu.com

If you need any info on anything realated to OC'ing or whatnot, ask me anytime :)

Thanks, dude. I may take you up on that. Unfortunately, someone actually built this box and gave it to me, so there's a lot about the cooling setup that I really don't understand.

The fans actually -are- pretty quiet... I think the primary issue is just that there are 12 of them in the box. :lol: Stupid stupid...

Most reactions

Back