My Wedding Ring ....

Hey thanks again for all your positive comments.

this is cool. how can you make it?

Let me see if I can describe it:

I used the counter table in my kitchen; this table has a black granite surface which reflects stuff really nice. I fact, since several weeks I wanted to take advantage of this reflection but I didn't have any ideas, just until now with my weeding ring.

On the table I put my camera, the flash light (on the right between the ring and the camera) and I used as a background a black display board. In manual mode and manual focus I focus the camera to an specific place on the table, about 7 inches from the lens and I marked it. Also I setup my camera to be triggered by my wireless remote control (the best $13 bucks that I have spent).

I used the 18-55mm lens and I setup the camera in f8.0 and 35mm, which I think is the sweet spot for this lens. The question was what should be the exposure?. The answer is try and error. With the kitchen completely dark and having only the flash light on I started to spin my ring on the counter table. Just when the ring was crossing the predefined mark I triggered the camera. I started with 4 seconds (ISO 200) but it was to much time having the ring spinning, so I rose the ISO to 400 to be able to have the exposure in about 1 to 2 seconds. After several attempts I saw that one second produced the best result.

I took around 50 shots during the whole process and in summary the camera info was ISO 400, 1 second and f8.0.

I hope it is clear.:thumbup::thumbdown:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back